Catching Up

Well hello again!


It's been a long time since my last blog post, and in this extended absence a lot has happened in my life here in Morocco.

First off, I have finished my 10-month stint as a Fulbright ETA, officially as of July 2, 2016. But this is not the end of my time in Morocco!

Secondly, a bit of an explanation: When I started my blog as a fresh-faced American graduate (I can use this term more than a year after graduating, right?) navigating the higher education system of Morocco I was inspired, excited and idealistic. After my second post, however, I began my teaching appointment at Mohamed V University here in Rabat, Morocco. My two measly blog posts began to garner more and more attention and I came to know that some of my students had found  my blog, as well as more personal information. This, at first, seemed fine, but eventually turned into a major   component of a multi-faceted harassment onslaught from my own students, as well as from unknown students on campus. I then decided ultimately to cut off writing in this blog, at least until I felt comfortable again.

Well, I finally feel comfortable!

I eventually got a new, more professional and supporting teaching post at a nearby University, where I am happily still involved. So, with this happy ending to my ETA year, I can finally come back to writing about my experience, and boy, do I have a lot of things to catch you up on!

The most recent development in my life, for those of you that I have on social media, has been my feline rescue, Maisy. When she is not terrorizing unsuspecting toes and fingers (teething!) and wrestling her bear affectionately named "Mr. Jackleman," she spends her time cuddled up inside impossibly tiny spaces. I swear my Instagram has gained followers solely to see what she is up to...



Here she is with her Mr. Jackleman (name credits for the bear go to auntie Lindsey, author of my favorite blog "Traveling Light").


I will end this post here so as not to bore you to sleep, and my next post will fill you in on some of the traveling I have been up to.

xo, A.

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Citizen of the World . Blog Templates Designed by OddThemes - Bloggertemplates4u