Loving the Life I'm Living

It's been a couple of weeks since I’ve written a blog post, but I am happy to report that it is because of a good reason. I have been busy. My last post was lamenting how lonely I have felt since coming back to the states and getting a desk job. It turns out, a lot of people feel the same way! Since writing that post I have been so busy reconnecting with old friends that I haven’t spoken to in a while and making new friends in unexpected places that I haven’t had much time to sit down and write. Finally, a good problem to have! I have always passively believed that what you put into the world is what you will get back, but I hadn’t expressly tried tested this theory. Recently I divulged to the world that I wanted to make more meaningful connections in my life. And what do you know? They arrived at my doorstep!




Last weekend, I saw one of my younger sisters get married, and throughout the ceremony and
the reception I was reminded again and again how lucky I am to be back near my family and able to
witness milestone events. That was one major drawback to living abroad - despite all the new friends
and experiences, you miss out on the important things because you are so far away. I have my beef
with Iowa, but I have to admit that watching all my little nieces and nephews grow up in real life, 
instead of through long-distance social media, will be pretty cool.





At this particular wedding I finally got to meet them all, and see some other family members I haven’t in years, since some of them live as far away as Oklahoma. They are all so beautiful and healthy and being surrounded by loving family brought a lump to my throat for pretty much the whole evening. I feel incredibly lucky right now. I got used to feeling so alone when I was traveling...which i suppose is my own damn fault. At least I have a lot of cool pictures and memories. And I do still want to travel, but for now I think I’ll stay here and explore the town I’m in. 


Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Citizen of the World . Blog Templates Designed by OddThemes - Bloggertemplates4u